Mission Statement, Vision and Values
Our mission is to enable our students to be successful in gaining the knowledge, skills and self awareness which will allow them to aspire towards and prepare for their futures. We pride ourselves in our vision for inclusion, and the quality of education and care provided to all our students.
By seeking and creating ever better ways of engaging, supporting and motivating each individual student, we strive to build a nurturing and welcoming community, developing meaningful and trusted relationships, and putting the wellbeing and personal development of each individual at the heart of what we do.
We actively celebrate diversity, promoting equality and equity of opportunity across our whole school community, and building the self-esteem and confidence our young people need to set them on pathways for successful futures.
We aim to support and enable each student to overcome barriers to learning and access opportunities which will provide them with the skills, knowledge and understanding they require to move onto the next stage of their schooling.
vision: CREATING FUTURES
We achieve our mission statement by:
• Accurately assessing the learning abilities of each student.
• Using strength based, collaborative approaches to develop personalised programmes and work towards and achieve success
• Identifying an individual learning pathway for each student.
• Providing an excellent standard of teaching.
• Securing and supporting reintegration back into mainstream school or other appropriate educational setting.
• Supporting all students to make expected or better progress in their chosen pathway across all subjects.
• Securing a post 16 placement for all Year 11 students.
• Supporting our students’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural needs.
Our core values of Progress, Responsibility and Respect are at the heart of what we do, ensuring we promote a nurturing, learning community with the welfare of our pupils, staff and community at its centre. Aspiring at all times To be the best we can be!
Across the PRUs we are committed to ensuring the 6 Nurture Principles* underpin all the work we do. These principles are:
- Children's learning is understood developmentally.
- The school offers a safe base.
- The importance of nurture for the development of wellbeing and self esteem.
- Language is a vital means of communication.
- All behaviour is communication.
- Supportive transitions in children's lives are an essential element in progress.